How'd he do it?

TedG954

This is NOT my photo. How was it processed to put the figure behind the cage mesh? Or the deer? If you know, I'd appreciate the tip. Thanks.

11303141-standard.jpg

11303144-standard.jpg

Last edited:
D&G.jpg
This is a picture of my wife and I. She shot the picture of me and I shot the pictures of her. The background of her was better of her so I used the main shot of her. I wanted me behind her so I had to make a layer in Photoshop of just her and make a layer of just me in the separate photo. I then moved the layer of me to the main picture and arranged layers to have me behind her. Then the head room was not enough for me so I have to take the top part of my picture and add it to the top of the main picture. So we have two pictures cut and arranged into four layers on one picture. After it was all put together it was cleaned up in Photoshop to look like it was just shot that way. This was shot before I had my Nikon and did not have the skills I have in Photoshop now so don't look to close. Shot with a Kodak point and shoot.

fotojack

Hey trac...maybe we should get the pictures of all us bald guys with goatees together into one portrait, using your skills with Photoshop. :)

AntrimHills

LOL

When I was about 8 my Dad produced a black and white image, I have it somewhere, of him sitting patting a baby grizzly bear, part of his leg was behind the bear. For years I thought he had the bear in a cage at work, until last week (no I'm joking) until I was about 11. The best about it was, that was over 30 years ago, before Photoshop was invented! Some clever developing there!

TedG954

This is a picture of my wife and I. She shot the picture of me and I shot the pictures of her. The background of her was better of her so I used the main shot of her. I wanted me behind her so I had to make a layer in Photoshop of just her and make a layer of just me in the separate photo. I then moved the layer of me to the main picture and arranged layers to have me behind her. Then the head room was not enough for me so I have to take the top part of my picture and add it to the top of the main picture. So we have two pictures cut and arranged into four layers on one picture. After it was all put together it was cleaned up in Photoshop to look like it was just shot that way. This was shot before I had my Nikon and did not have the skills I have in Photoshop now so don't look to close. Shot with a Kodak point and shoot.

OK. I'm trying to understand. If I cut the figure out and paste it onto another photo I get the following result...

11292784-standard.jpg

But I don't understand how to move the figure behind the guard house.

First off you have to cut it out very carefully so it does not have white around it. You also have to use Layers so you can move the objects forward and backward. You must have a program like Photoshop to do this.
11292784-standard.jpg

AxeMan - Rick S.

If you are using photoshop while you have your copy slected you can resize it and at the same time you can use the eraser to carfully erase things like bars out. That is the down and dirty way. There are other easier ways to do it. Do a search on you tube on copy cut and paste I am sure you find some information on how to do stuff like this.

TedG954

If you are using photoshop while you have your copy slected you can resize it and at the same time you can use the eraser to carfully erase things like bars out. That is the down and dirty way. There are other easier ways to do it. Do a search on you tube on copy cut and paste I am sure you find some information on how to do stuff like this.

I'm starting to under stand that concept. Erased the bars, then pasted the image, copy and pasted other bars. Thanks.

TedG954

Now explain how you did it

I started with 3 photos. Two of the Guard House, and one of the cutout.

I cut and pasted the cutout on to the Guard House and positioned it where I wanted it on one of the Guard Houses.

On the 2nd GH picture I copied the railing and the ropes. Then I pasted them on the other photo.

Finally, I went around and painted in the white edges of the cutout.

I'm sure there's a better way of doing it. I just haven't found the "trick" as yet.