Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Fun in the sun!

Hot spell two.jpg

This week's challenge is about summer. Take your camera out to the beach, ocean, park, lake or your favorite summer spot. Remember to read the rules before posting. You are entitled to one entry only and the picture has to be taken between the challenge's opening and closing dates.

We will be judging according to the 12 rules used in the photo-critique section. If you want to refresh your memory, check them out.

So get out there and have fun with your Nikon.

Best to all participants.

The goal of the challenge will be to keep you motivated to use your camera often, getting you out there in the field and taking photographs.

How the Challenge Works
  • Each challenge will run for 1 (one) week, beginning on Sunday and ending at 12:00pm (eastern daylight time) on the following Sunday.
  • The challenge themes will be chosen by someone from the moderator team.
  • Each week will have it's own thread. The title of each thread will be titled as follows:
    Weekly Challenge [dates]: [subject]
  • A winner will then be chosen by a panel of judges with the result announced in a separate thread on the following Sunday.
  • Because scores are composites of a panel and the post "likes", Judges are allowed to participate.

The Rules
  • Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  • Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  • Challenges will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  • Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Philnz

Great challenge. I will really have to put my thinking cap on for this one we in New Zealand are in the middle of our winter. Maybe I can get my wife to don her togs and lay on the beach in the rain.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Great challenge. I will really have to put my thinking cap on for this one we in New Zealand are in the middle of our winter. Maybe I can get my wife to don her togs and lay on the beach in the rain.

Fun in the sun didn't say it had to be summer Phil. There is a lot of fun that one can have on a sunny winter day. :)

Shoots808

Being in Hawaii I may have an unfair advantage... Maybe I should sit this one out. Plus, I can't go out in the sun because I never got my Nikon Hat! Hahaha.

Last edited:

Caz

Yeah, like Phil, I was going to bemoan the fact that it is the middle of winter, here in Perth..... The great thing for us, is that the sun shines in the middle of winter in Perth! Woo!

Scott Murray

Here in Darwin its sunny nearly all year around ;)

Heading to the beach either tomorrow or thursday, hope its not too hot :p

Last edited:

RookieDSLR

gqtuazon that is stunning, I love the blend of colors. I don't think I am going to enter now haha j/k I might still try. But anyhow excellent shot!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here's one from this morning. Did a little bit of work with CS5. Since I'm running this one, I'm not going to be judging my own shot. So, please don't be afraid to participate. These challenges are just that, challenges so you try to improve your photography.

Let's see some more shots guys and gals!

fun in the sun.jpg

Billy Y.

Here is one from the lake yesterday. A little processing from NEF in lightroom, (LR seems like it blows out the Highlights with the d7000) but I'm still learning the program. My photoshop is the original CS and as far as I can tell there is no new NEF plugin for it.
Cheers! Enjoy that sun.
Ball Jump.jpg

AC016

Here is some fun in the sun!! (had to take out the dolphins because i did not read the rule about having only one picture):)DSC_2637.jpg

Last edited:

Philnz

Here's one from this morning. Did a little bit of work with CS5. Since I'm running this one, I'm not going to be judging my own shot. So, please don't be afraid to participate. These challenges are just that, challenges so you try to improve your photography.

Let's see some more shots guys and gals!

View attachment 13465
Send me some sun New Zealand is not called "The of the Long White Cloud" for no reason!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.