1st Attempts at Photomerging with D800

Scott Murray

Hi guys I have just got back from a quick trip in Thailand where I only took my Nikon D800 and my 18 - 55mm VR DX lens.
Here are some attempts at photomerging with the D800 and CS6. I am quite happy with the end results. I only had to adjust the curves a little in the end product.

Will post more when I can.

7564851556_75c42ffd17_b.jpg

Samae Beach Koh Larn Thailand

Dave_W

The Dude
That's really nice. I sure would like to play around with it. Would you be okay with it if I did a little post processing?

PhotoAV8R

Is photomerge the same as a panoramic stitch of multiple shots? If so, your result is awesome - I can't see any flaws at the horizon line. Really nice.

The last time I was in Pattaya, there was an aircraft carrier out there and a bunch of drunk sailors on the beach. Fun times.

Scott Murray

Is photomerge the same as a panoramic stitch of multiple shots? If so, your result is awesome - I can't see any flaws at the horizon line. Really nice.

The last time I was in Pattaya, there was an aircraft carrier out there and a bunch of drunk sailors on the beach. Fun times.

Yes I used the photo stitch in PS CS6, seems to handle it well. Although I did repeat the same set of photos and got some visible jagged edges on the horizon.

Dave_W

The Dude
May I ask what processing you did.

I used Lightroom to do it all. I brought out the sky with a graduated filter and then some of the structure with the clarity, bumped up the virbrance and then used a graduated filter on the sand area and warmed that up. It's a little "poppy" for some people's taste but I like my tropical landscapes to pop.

Scott Murray

Here is my quick attempt at editing in LR4. Not sure about the export as it reduced the file size from 14mb to 4mb. Also can not work out direct publish to Flickr as yet.

7570907358_e46b943518_b.jpg