Astrophotography advice

Alan A

Looking for a tripod w/ built-in motor for astro photos any suggestions. I looked through alot of site but of course they advertise they have the best. Need help.

PhotoAV8R

Looking for a tripod w/ built-in motor...
Can't help you there, but here's a thread from DPS that describes a photo stacking technique with free software. It's probably cheaper that getting that equatorial mount tripod. Perhaps you could grow into the tripod-thing after the stacking-thing.

BWTHDIK

m4ilm4n

If you want to go easy on your wallet look into a barn-door tracker (or Haig mount). The main thing about an equatorial mount is learning initial alignment (I've taken a few astro photos, and the equatorial learning curve can be steep).

patrick in memphis

hi i have been goofing around with astro photography and just my norm lenses. but. for Christmas received a telescope and the t mount for the camera after a few minutes to try to figure out alignment i was able to get moon shots.but my ? is this. is there a way to zoom out ? i cant seem to get the moon all in one shot..lol boy the moon moves a lot. thanks for any advice