Hey y'all from Gulfport, MS

Baceball6

Im Ashton Burks from Gulfport, MS. I currently own a Canon XS that I have owned for years (dont whip me) with the 50mm 1.8 and the 18-135 lenses. I would say I am amateur at best, but I really enjoy taking pictures and viewing pictures.

I am sold on Nikon for my next camera purchase, thats why I am here. I cant decide whether or not I am going to go with the d700 or d800 though. :cool:

Thanks for having me
Ashton

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum Ashton,

D700 or D800, that is quite a question. I have the D700 and am more than happy with it. I think if you go with the 700 from the XS you will be very happy. But it depends on what your expectations are. If you are looking at pixel peeping and definition alone and don't mind the huge D800 files, or, you want to print extra large, then the d800 is your future camera.

But, if you just want nice quality pics in low light and great camera, the d700 is a winner.

I know I'm not ready to give it up for the D800 even with all the commotion about the super high def of the D800 files.

Best of luck with your decision.

Baceball6

Marcel, I am thinking that same thing. I would be more likely to use low lighting than I would be to enlarge photos. I firmly believe the 12 MP of the d700 is plenty. The price is right on the d700 for me also. My expectations are this - clear, sharp, good color, good low light, full frame, variety of lenses

I am now going to browse your gallery, lol

Thanks