Black marks showing up in photos

McNikon

Hey there everyone, new member here!

For a long while I've noticed small black marks appearing in the photos, no matter which lens is used. It's really obvious when there are areas of flat matte colour like skies or walls. Really irritating having to photoshop those out of my pictures. I can't see anything on the lens and the same marks appear in the same place so I think it must be something inside the camera.

I want to upgrade the camera, but I don't want to get rid of it so how can I fix the problem? Hopefully it's something I can fix myself.

Thanks all.

Dave_W

The Dude
It's dust on your "sensor" (it's not really your sensor but your OLPF, but we'll call it sensor since people will know what you're talking about). You can use this air blower to remove them - Amazon.com: Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large - Black: Camera & Photo

If this will not remove them then chances are you need a "sensor" cleaning. Most camera shops charge around $50 to $80 for a cleaning. Nikon recommends you have it professionally cleaned once every 2 to 3 yrs, so perhaps you're more than over due?

McNikon

Thanks Mojo, I went ahead and bought one of those air cleaners for £5. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

Yea my D40 is about 5 or 6 years old but works perfectly - besides the dust issue, which may be my fault!)