Anyone carry their iPhone without a case?

Dooku77

I was deciding whether to just remove my case and go commando with my 4s. I see so many people doing it and I love the sleekness, I just don't know of its prone to scratching. I know it will shatter in a million pieces of I drop it.

Dooku77

I have Otterbox Defender IPhone been in since I got it 2 years ago.

Had this case but proved to difficult to get in and out of my pocket. Seemed the silicone would grab everything on the way out. I have a crappy slider case on right now.

Phillydog1958

I've used the Otterbox Defender,which is a great protective piece for any phone. It's just so bulky and heavy. I eventually switched to a lighter, thinner and
newer version of the Defender, called the Commuter . I currently use that. I have to protect my phone. I'm clumsy and often drop it.

Photowyzard

Good question. I have never put my iphone in a shell, other than the carry case on my belt. I have gone through 3 leather Roots belt cases, all ripped at the hinge over time.

I just stick it in my pocket now. Honestly, not the best solution because is does scratch, but I like the feel of it slipping in and out of my pocket. With a shell, they become "sticky" and don't slide unless you get a hard case.

The iphone will be prone to more damage if you go commando. Up to you. I change my iphones often and this isn't that big an issue. When the 5 comes out, I may become more retentive with protection!

Dooku77

Good question. I have never put my iphone in a shell, other than the carry case on my belt. I have gone through 3 leather Roots belt cases, all ripped at the hinge over time.

I just stick it in my pocket now. Honestly, not the best solution because is does scratch, but I like the feel of it slipping in and out of my pocket. With a shell, they become "sticky" and don't slide unless you get a hard case.

The iphone will be prone to more damage if you go commando. Up to you. I change my iphones often and this isn't that big an issue. When the 5 comes out, I may become more retentive with protection!

I change iPhones as soon as the new ones come out. I'm a phone junky. Actually I've had every iPhone since the 2g. I think I will apply the carbon fiber skin and ride semi commando.

AC016

I change iPhones as soon as the new ones come out. I'm a phone junky. Actually I've had every iPhone since the 2g. I think I will apply the carbon fiber skin and ride semi commando.

Ahhh, so you're one of those guys that i see camped out in front of the store before it opens, lol:)

Dooku77

Ahhh, so you're one of those guys that i see camped out in front of the store before it opens, lol:)

I've been known to waste a little time just standing around waiting :) I've had every platform of device and this one just works. I'm working on my apple trifecta at the moment. Just have to get my grubby knuckles on a MacBook and I'll be set.

AC016

I've been known to waste a little time just standing around waiting :) I've had every platform of device and this one just works. I'm working on my apple trifecta at the moment. Just have to get my grubby knuckles on a MacBook and I'll be set.

Yes, good slogan for Apple, "It just works".

Patrick M

Until recently I used my iPhone 4 with a really good crystal case.
BUT I found that when on a call, my ear would press buttons and so on.
I told it not to, but it carried on....

Anyway, turns out the case blocked the sensor that switches the screen off when it's near the ear. So removing the case fixed this issue.

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dooku77

Until recently I used my iPhone 4 with a really good crystal case.
BUT I found that when on a call, my ear would press buttons and so on.
I told it not to, but it carried on....

Anyway, turns out the case blocked the sensor that switches the screen off when it's near the ear. So removing the case fixed this issue.

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've been researching bumpers and the only ones I find with positive reviews are the element cases and I am not spending 150.00 on a bumper. I love iPhone sleekness.

ABN Panzer

I use an Otterbox Defender. Cant think of the number of times it has probably saved the phone.
I left it in the shoulder pocket on my uniform and 'forgot about it' during a jump. Ended up landing on the side with the phone and was surprised/excited to see nothing happened to the phone. Especially given the fact that average rate of decent of our parachutes are 18-20 FPS + my body weight landing on it.

A good case and screen protector are allways my 1st purchases with this type of stuff (Well, i guess they are my 2nd and 3rd purchase as the 1st would be the device itself... :) )