Winner Announcement: "Curves" Challenge

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
This week was another tough one to judge thanks to all the submissions.
3rd Place:
fotojack - see his entry here

2nd Place:
Lscha - see her entry here

1st Place:
Shoots808
12678d1340818804-weekly-challenge-june-24-july-1-curves-7455651662_b77f414707_b.jpg

Exposure: 1/350
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 35 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Shoots found the natural curves of the ocean, something that was difficult to capture, in the apparent low light of this shot. This is a unique perspective not only with the subject matter, but in the way it was composed. Congratulations Shoots!

Thanks to all for participating!

Shoots808

Wow! I am honored! So many great shots posted here.
This was a tough shot because I was working with lower light than I hoped for because I wanted to get more depth so I couldn't just open up the lens more. I really wish I could have ended up with a little faster shutter speed but hey, you gotta work with what you got.
Thanks to everybody here, this is a great forum with some fine folks. Keep shooting and posting gang!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Congrats to the winners and thanks for all who participated.

We all learn from seeing other work and other's point of view.

fotojack

This week was another tough one to judge thanks to all the submissions.
3rd Place:
fotojack - see his entry here

2nd Place:
Lscha - see her entry here

1st Place:
Shoots808
12678d1340818804-weekly-challenge-june-24-july-1-curves-7455651662_b77f414707_b.jpg

Exposure: 1/350
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 35 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Shoots found the natural curves of the ocean, something that was difficult to capture, in the apparent low light of this shot. This is a unique perspective not only with the subject matter, but in the way it was composed. Congratulations Shoots!

Thanks to all for participating!

Nice!! 3rd place wins the Nikonites ball cap, right? ;) LOL

Hey....congrats to the #1 and #2 winners. Like jpeg said, this must have been a tough one to judge. Nice job, everyone. :)