Longtime Philadelphia Inquirer Building Closing

Phillydog1958

As the late, great Bob Hope would say, "Thanks for the memories." Eduard, you really hit home with this posting, in so many ways. I'm originally from Philly. I was born and reared there. I grew up reading both, the Inquirer and Daily News. I remember the north Broad Street building which housed both papers. The author of the piece is originally from Kansas City. I now live in Wichita, KS. My daughter resides in KC, which we often visit. The Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News were once owned by the now, defunct Knight-Ridder Newspapers. Inc. After college graduation, i worked for Knight-Ridder's Wichita Eagle newspaper. Whenever I would go back home to Philly, I'd read the Philly newspapers. I've even met many Philly newspaper personnel at various Knight-Ridder conferences. I remember my parents shopping at Wanamaker's and Strawbridge & Clothier department stores for my back-to-school clothes. As the author stated in the piece, newspapers are a special place to work. I always felt that way. The sad thing is that, they're dying a slow, painful death. I enjoy what I do for a living nowadays, but I'll always remember my newspaper days. They were some of my best days. Thanks again.

Last edited: