TedG954's Project 365 & Daily Photos

TedG954

Here's my first entry to this thread. It's far from being a "photograph" in the common sense. This will be typical of many of my posts, while other posts will be more traditional. Much of what will be seen is the result of what I've learned from others on this site. Thanks.

View attachment 13098

Last edited:

TedG954

I took 223 pictures today. Here's one of my favorites. I noticed a post that asked "Why photography?" Well, this picture says it all. I was an art major in college and I always wanted to paint this picture.... I just don't have the patience, or talent, to do it.

View attachment 13107

Last edited:

Rick M

Thats a nice shot Ted, but it makes me want to go out there and cut down that pole and wires!

Last edited:

TedG954

Ted, would you be willing to post a tutorial of how you get this effect in your photos?

Sure. I'll list what I do, but I am certainly not an expert. I'm still trying different things and experimenting. I will list the most "standard" procedure I use.

PhotoAV8R

Sure. I'll list what I do, but I am certainly not an expert. I'm still trying different things and experimenting. I will list the most "standard" procedure I use.
Wow - 3 minutes! I hope we don't have to wait so long for the procedure description!!

Thanks,

TedG954

1. I choose the photo I want to HDR.
2. I open a photo viewing program.
3. Generally, I haven’t bracketed with my camera so I make 3 copies of the same photo with Photoshop and save them as:
4. Subject1
5. Subject2
6. Subject3
7. If you bracket with your camera, just enter those 3 photos. Remember your pre-set exposure differential.
8. I open Photomatix and enter the 3 copies I created.
9. Choose the prompts you want ( I choose all options ).
10. Choose the exposure you want ( I generally choose ½).
11. Enter the process.
12. When the processing is complete, you can choose the type of exposure you want.
13. This is totally subjective and is dependent on your tastes.
14. You can also choose from 4 different contrast levels.
15. I save the processed photo.
16. I open Paint Shop Pro.
17. I use the defaults ( I try them all, but only choose it if there is an improvement in the photo ).
18. One-step Photo Fix.
19. One-step Noise Removal.
20. Local Tone Mapping.
21. High Pass Sharpening.
22. I also use Photo Effects / Film & Filters for a desired effect ( or not ).
23. I save the processed photo.
24. I open Photoshop.
25. I use this program as my final preparation.
26. Auto Curves.
27. Re-sizing.
28. Rotations.
29. Borders.

I am only posting this process because it was requested. This is MY process. It may not be the proper process. It may not be the fastest process. It is MY process. You can adjust whatever you want to change. Having all 3 programs isn’t necessary, I just happen to have them, and each has its better points over the others. This process works for me and I’m learning different techniques with every photo.
Enjoy.