Tapatalk Updated - push notifications now supported

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Today the forum software was updated to the latest version of Tapatalk (4.0).

Push notifications of PM's and replies to subscribed threads are available in this version! Check it out if you want updates to Nikonites via your iOS device, Android phone, Blackberry, or Chrome browser.

Dooku77

I have forumrunner and tapatalk installed on the iPhone. Only forumrunner notifies me. That's ok. I'm on the site on and off all day anyway. Great support here btw. Thanks for helping with push notifications.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Cool. Is tapatalk setup to notify you of PM's and/or replies to threads? I believe this is a setting that is not on by default.

Dooku77

Yes. It's funny just his morning tapatalk started pushing my notifications to me. So awesome now. Both apps working flawlessly.

DarinSTL

Dooku77,

Are you able to view the sub-forums (The forums with in the "Photography" section) using forumrunner? I get an error when trying to view them.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Dooku77,

Are you able to view the sub-forums (The forums with in the "Photography" section) using forumrunner? I get an error when trying to view them.

This is a bug. I think I know why it's happening. You should still be able to view threads in those forums, you just can't load the forum list.

DarinSTL

Here is the error. I'm sure it's not an outdated plugin though.

Don't worry yourself over it. I'm a web guy myself. I'll see what I can come up with to help you.

image-3377243971.png

Sent from my iPhone

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Here is the error. I'm sure it's not an outdated plugin though.

Don't worry yourself over it. I'm a web guy myself. I'll see what I can come up with to help you.

View attachment 13091

Sent from my iPhone

It's because of the plugin that displays thumbnails next to the images in the forum. I had the same problem with tapatalk, but I got around the issue.

really wish I could "like" posts in my Tapatalk app...

I've suggested that they add this before, but it doesn't look like they're going to since it's not a standard feature of vBulletin.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
updated to the latest version of Tapatalk, which fixes some bugs and now has support for likes! Just tap the post you want to like and it will be one of the options. Be sure to update your Tapatalk if you haven't recently.