Concerns in this site.

Just-Clayton

I like everyone else in here have noticed the group has thinned out. I missed something when it all went down and I'm glad I missed it. I found this site over a year ago and have learned quite a bit. I still don't get too involved with critique topics.( I feel I don't have full experience to do so) I give likes if the picture catches my eye or if there is a story behind it that I liked. If I post a picture and I ask what I can do to better it you guys and gals are there for advice. There have been a few critics on here that get too harsh. Don't just advise the new people just starting out that their picture sucks or you should find another line of work Etc.... I knew the basics before I came in here(lucky me). I myself am not here for drama. I'm sorry people left.
Here is my advice. If you are going to give advice about a picture give constructive advice. Be stern but, not to the point a person leaves. If you feel you were insulted IM the person and ask what he meant by what he or she said or have the moderator ask before banning. I have had only one insult to me on here. But, also a person shouldn't drink and type like I was doing.LOL. This person was also getting insultive to others after me. So, I do believe he was banned?? So, all in all I am here to learn about photography and make friends near and far. So far I have made a few and plan to make more. Just have fun and learn!! These are just my opinions and concerns no need to take it any further.

Browncoat

This has already been addressed here.

Forums are much like junior high. There's often unnecessary drama, cliques that come and go, and growing pains. Throw in internet anonymity, and the idea that someone can act like a jerk without the risk of getting punched in the face, and there you have it. Far and away, this is one of the friendliest photography sites on the web. Those who are gone, good riddance. Those who were banned, deserved it. They never contributed anything meaningful anyway.