Thumb nails

Philnz

When I open a post with a photo in it the photo used to open to a good size right away, Now i have to click on a thumb nail to enlarge the photo, has there been a change in the way photos are uploaded or has something changed with my settings? Thanks Phil

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The change was originally to correct an issue with images running into the sidebar on smaller screens, but yes, it also results in faster load times for users. Currently, attached images will be 300px wide, but images added via an img tag will be 600px.

I'm still trying to find a solution so everything works without being cumbersome.

Philnz

The change was originally to correct an issue with images running into the sidebar on smaller screens, but yes, it also results in faster load times for users. Currently, attached images will be 300px wide, but images added via an img tag will be 600px.

I'm still trying to find a solution so everything works without being cumbersome.
Sorry can you please explain a img tag thanks phil

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
When you click on the "Insert Image" icon and then uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", the system is using the BB code IMG

Or if you were to type {IMG}http://IMAGE_URL.com{/IMG} but the { is actually a [ bracket)