Where to post?

WhiteLight

Hi All,

Need some guidance here.
Am a new member here & not sure of the way forward.

I have just recently started clicking & i was wondering if i can post some of my shots here?
I ask cos am sure it's not going to be some 'mid blowing' photos that people like to see.

if i can, where should i post them?
directly as a new thread in the D5100 forum or in the photo critique or in the lens section of the lens i used?

Also should i be uploading RAW photos or JPG?
And should i be adding any 'metadata' to it (just heard about this while learning about lightroom:p)

Thanks!

PS- In response to a couple of other threads in this forum, i just want to say that in the very short time I've been here I've felt very comfortable & learned a gazillion new things.
I had registered in other forums but i keep coming back only here.
thanks all, all your posts have had a lot of value & i like it here

Eye-level

Banned
Project 365 and Daily Photos for any snaps.

Use the intent thing and data in the Critique Section.

You could use the Lens Section to make posts with snaps of certain types of lenses.

Don't be scared. :)

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
You could start by posting some in your gallery. Now, wether it's in your gallery or on a forum, it is recommended to post jpegs since raw files would be way too large to be uploaded. I personally reduce the size of my photos by resizing them to 1200 pixels for the widest at 72 dots per inch. This produces a picture of about 300-900 Ks .

You could always start a 365 thread in the "project 365 daily photos" and post some pictures every day.

For the critique forum, you should not post more than 1 photo a day with the exif (metadata) and the intention you had when you took it.

So you have many options. If you have other questions, just ask, and if you post a picture where you shouldn't, we probably will tell you. No injuries for doing so. ;)

WhiteLight

Posting in my gallery sounds like a good idea..
but how would anyone know i've posted & can comment on them like tell me what's right or wrong etc.?

Rick M

Use the Critique section for constructive comments. Not much traffic in the galleries, start a daily or weekly thread for posting daily/weekly random stuff. You can also post specific topics under the learning photography section.