Help with camera settings

carriemaried

I hope someone can help. I shoot in manual mode but ran across a picture the other day I shot and in the metadata of bridge it is showing shot in auto. So, I started looking up all of my images and they show shot in auto in photoshop, even though they were shot in manual. Could there be a setting in my camera that is defaulting to auto? Just confusing, don't want it to seem like I am shooting in auto. Thanks.

fotojack

I hope someone can help. I shoot in manual mode but ran across a picture the other day I shot and in the metadata of bridge it is showing shot in auto. So, I started looking up all of my images and they show shot in auto in photoshop, even though they were shot in manual. Could there be a setting in my camera that is defaulting to auto? Just confusing, don't want it to seem like I am shooting in auto. Thanks.

OK....firstly, it would be nice if you could finish your profile so we know a little more about you and the camera you're using and where you live, etc etc. It really helps, honest. :)

I know you have a D7000, but if it's in your profile, it shows up on the left side of the page so we can see it quickly. :) Thanks, Carrie, and welcome to Nikonites.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
If you have a D7000, it's real easy to get the mode dial to change settings while taking the camera in and out of the bag… Ask me how I know… :)

grandpaw

If you have a D7000, it's real easy to get the mode dial to change settings while taking the camera in and out of the bag… Ask me how I know… :)

The one gripe I have had with my D80, D90, and my D7000 is that the mode dial is too easily bumped and changed. Most of the time when I have the problem is when I am shooting in portrait and tilt my camera up to take a shot and the way I hold the camera my left hand bumps the mode dial and it gets changed. If they would make it a little harder to turn or place a lock on it like the outer ring has would really be great. Jeff