Why is this site losing so many good members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I arrive on a forum thats what happens ;););)
but I have had some problems is the last week logging in ..blank screen and error message ..suddenly its gone all ok ......:cool:

Last edited:
I can't believe how many good people have left, doesn't say much for the management.

Define a 'good' member vs. a 'bad' member. Sometimes things aren't always as simple as they seem on the surface.
Summertime in the Northern Hemisphere is when a lot of people travel, take vacations, etc. so you might see them come back after a few weeks.
Why assign blame when you don't know that there's a problem?

AC016

I can't believe how many good people have left, doesn't say much for the management.

Consider these stats:

At 8:31AM EST, 15 members and 119 guests are online. There are 9962 members and only 509 active members. The most users online ever, was 873 back in Oct of last year. Numbers don't lie. But what they mean, is another thing. When you only have about 5% of members actually participating, there is an issue. What that issue is, i have no idea. Though, i have been part of other websites with the same issue. You always seem to see the same people, day in, day out. New members come, then go. Anyhow, i really don't think it has anything to do with management. It is just how people function.

slowpoke

I'll say this,If your not happy here and leave,thats your choice.To blame others for your poor choices is the modern way
of some peoples thinking,I guess.I love this place.I have made tons of friends,learning new things and ways to do them
everyday.Some people are looking for something different.To them I say,All the best.
I'm feeling much better now.:D

TedG954

There will always be some type of attrition, and that has to be expected. I have been a "member" for about a month, and I feel that I've gained far more than I have contributed. I appreciate all those who have taken time to answer questions, provide tips, and offer encouragement. As I learn more, I may be able to pass on the same.

;) I'm glad to be here.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Not every forum is meant to satisfy everyone's needs. Some people get up unhappy and use the forums as place to vent and create drama for whatever reason.

Without going into unnecessary details and mostly as a courtesy to the wonderful members we do have here, this "little group" has tried to wreak havoc behind the scenes since they arrived here and all of us (mods and admin) have been trying to keep it out of the "public". Their accounts have not been deleted but they have been banned from the site. For any of you who are fans of them, google photography forums and go to Canada. We certainly don't want anybody to be unhappy here.

This forum is about photography, Nikon equipment and fun. For all of you who do just that and are courteous and amiable, we appreciate you.

If you have constructive feedback and suggestions, please start a new thread as this one has outlived its usefulness and is now closed.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Let me just add that anything that you may have heard is nothing but hearsay. Some lines were crossed and some privileges were taken away. Others didn't get their way, and they felt the need to be immature about it.

So, that's the end of it. Lets just move on and continue to discuss what we're really here for. Photography with our Nikon stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.