SCAMS Leyton Cameras

Jim1951

Hi all

I joined yesterday and after having a look around and discovering how good this site is I went back to what I was doing when I discovered it, searching for a TC-20E III teleconverter.

These sell for circa £400 in UK, therefore, I was delighted when I found one for £271, bargain I thought, but didn't do anything at that point, work got in the way.

I always go by the maxim that if anything sounds too good to be true then it usually is ! so I Googled the company today only to find that it is one big scam.
On a Pentax forum one post says the address is actually a petrol station! I have not done an extensive search on the company, the first few threads I read were enough to scare me off.

Obviously I wanted to make sure my fellow Nikonites were aware of this but I could not find anywhere to post it, so I thought I would post it here with the idea of having an area where we could pass on to each other good/bad experiences with retailers and general info like scam sites.

I apologise if there is somewhere to post this type of info and I have missed it, or it has been put forward before.