Cool effect

catfish

TarponSequence.jpg

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes:

I was cruizin 'round on the Google machine looking for pictures of tarpon and found this cool one. It got me wondering how this technique is done. I am quite sure it is photo shop. is there a menu item like the stitch or HDR feature? If I were to attempt this it would take me days to do. (I am going to attempt it for sure!)

We went to the range today and I got a good sequence of my buddy that shows the recoil of the pistol and the brass ejecting and think it would look cool in this style. The only problem that I think I could run into is this tarpon is jumping and moving from right to left and is not really occupying the same "space" which allows the artist to paste 'em side by each. Where as my photos the only thing that really moves is the pistol and his hands kinda. I'm gonna attempt it and I'll post what I am able to figure out.

Eye-level

Banned
That is cool. Surely photoshop I guess if you had a blazing fast motorized film camera or something like a F5 maybe you might be able to expose multiple images on one frame of film and get that effect. Interesting.

I'm going to be in Honduras in a couple of weeks what is the weather like?

catfish

The weather is beautiful here ( I am from Florida so I like this kinda weather) it ranges from mid 80s to high 90s where I am. Its the rainy season here and it rains most days in the afternoons. There is almost always a nice breeze so you almost don't notice the heat sometimes. The evenings are almost always beautiful. it cools off nicely. Where will you be? I spend most of my time in the southern part, but get around from place to place, its a very interesting country.

pedroj

I believe this was created with a burst...Six /seven frames per second and Photoshopped...

Put all the files into CS5

Click file [in Photoshop] and scroll down to Automate then click on Photomerge follow the prompts, and that should merge the images together...

Eye-level

Banned
Mahogany Bay on a cruise ship and signed up for the glass bottom boat adventure which I think is about the most assinine place you could go when you get to Mahogany Bay. If I could meet someone like you there at the port who would take me on a tour to shoot photographs I'd pay for the gas and lunch and be a happy traveler. :)

catfish

Ah man Roatan is nice. Unfortunately, I am not sure how easy it will be for me to get there as I am here with the Army and Roatan is literally on the opposite side of Honduras (I'm down by El Salvador). Do you scuba dive? Roatan is like one of the the premier dive spots in the world, it is featured in almost all dive magazines.

Ok back on subject, Sorry. I attempted last night to 'Shop the series of photos I had but I realized after binging 'em into Lightroom that I was moving around ALOT, also my subject was slightly out of focus. The auto focus that I had it on picked the back ground to focus and not my buddy. I switched to manual focus and was able to get some good ones after the burst but the ones I planned on using just weren't to my liking. as far as the movement, I will just stay still :)

thanks for the tip Pedroj I will try that as soon as I get a good burst of photos.

AC016

View attachment 12689

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes:

I was cruizin 'round on the Google machine looking for pictures of tarpon and found this cool one. It got me wondering how this technique is done. I am quite sure it is photo shop. is there a menu item like the stitch or HDR feature? If I were to attempt this it would take me days to do. (I am going to attempt it for sure!)

We went to the range today and I got a good sequence of my buddy that shows the recoil of the pistol and the brass ejecting and think it would look cool in this style. The only problem that I think I could run into is this tarpon is jumping and moving from right to left and is not really occupying the same "space" which allows the artist to paste 'em side by each. Where as my photos the only thing that really moves is the pistol and his hands kinda. I'm gonna attempt it and I'll post what I am able to figure out.

You can do multiple exposures within your camera (D5100). Max exposures would be 3 and then the camera combines them into one for you. There is also image overlay for RAW files. I have not tried the multiple exposure on a moving subject, so i can not say what kind of results you will get. But, i will go and try it this weekend.... want to see for myself.