Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G lens - superb

Dave_W

The Dude
Just a quick FYI for those considering picking up a copy of the new 28mm f/1.8G lens, my recommendation is to run, not walk, to the nearest dealer and buy this lens. It's a repeat of the 85mm f/1.4G vs 85mm f/1.8G and the 50mm f/1.4G vs. 50mm f/1.8G, where the cheaper lens is head and shoulders above the more expensive lens. The lens is light weight with a super fast AF that is sharp as a knife and less than half the price of the f/1.4G.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Just a quick FYI for those considering picking up a copy of the new 28mm f/1.8G lens, my recommendation is to run, not walk, to the nearest dealer and buy this lens. It's a repeat of the 85mm f/1.4G vs 85mm f/1.8G and the 50mm f/1.4G vs. 50mm f/1.8G, where the cheaper lens is head and shoulders above the more expensive lens. The lens is light weight with a super fast AF that is sharp as a knife and less than half the price of the f/1.4G.

Your title is misleading / wrong.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
edit: where the cheaper lens is head and shoulders above the more expensive lens. The lens is light weight with a super fast AF that is sharp as a knife and less than half the price of the f/1.4G.

I agree plus it has a nice smooth bokeh.

Sample at f1.8

800E28mmf18.jpg

at f2.8

800E28mmf28.jpg

fotojack

I'm still waiting for the lottery to kick in. There's a pile of lenses I wanna get! :) I particularly want to get the 17-35. Oh, and maybe a used D300. :)

aZuMi

Wow, this lens look very promising. I was thinking of getting 35mm 1.8, but I don't mind getting extra 7mm wide for my D90.