Invite to photograph Gator Boys from Animal Planet

grandpaw

Just received and invite to photograph some gator wrestling with the Gator Boys from Animal Planet this weekend. This should be a lot of fun!!! Jeff

grandpaw

Don't get too close, maybe a long lens is in order for this shoot!

I have several pictures of alligators that I have gotten locally in the wild. I see alligators all the time where I live and plan on using my Sigma 17-50mm to shoot this with. I will take all six of my lenses but I think this Sigma will be the lens to use. I have a picture of an alligator on my site with his mouth wide open lunging toward my direction at a bird and it was taken at about seven or eight feet. Some of the other photos that I have taken only have the head that fills the whole frame with some of the edges missing and they are not cropped. Best I can remember, none of my gator shots have been cropped.

I might add the at in a subdivision not far from my house a ladies dog had been staying on the back porch for the last week or two and would not go into the yard and they found out day before yesterday that there was an eight foot gator staying in their back yard.

If this opportunity with the Gator Boys works out I should have some pictures to show you soon. Jeff

slowpoke

Sounds great,The Gator Boys probably seen your pictures too,That's why they asked you LOL.or they might ask you to help wrestle one of those critters LOL

grandpaw

I have posted a few pictures of the Gator wrestling that I took today and you can find them in the Project 365, Daily photos forum if your interested in seeing some of them. Jeff

Dooku77

I have posted a few pictures of the Gator wrestling that I took today and you can find them in the Project 365, Daily photos forum if your interested in seeing some of them. Jeff

I bet that was so fun to see. I ventured into the Everglades with some friends about 8 years ago and it was pretty scary.

KWJams

When the asked you to shoot the pictures, did they have an accent?

a20791e130bb14a3f05b8d_m.JPG

That must be that other show. :)