Help

co2jae

I am new to DSLR's and trying to learn, therefore I am starting with the 'auto' feature. Some of the pics aren't sharp and look like they have blue/red/green blotches on them. Is my camera OK? Help pleaseffile:///Users/jean/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Modified/2012/Jun%2023,%202012/DSC_0727.JPGfile:///Users/jean/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2012/Jun%2023,%202012/DSC_0730.JPG

I am new to DSLR's and trying to learn, therefore I am starting with the 'auto' feature. Some of the pics aren't sharp and look like they have blue/red/green blotches on them. Is my camera OK? Help pleaseffile:///Users/jean/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/Jun 23, 2012/DSC_0727.JPGfile:///Users/jean/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2012/Jun 23, 2012/DSC_0730.JPG

these addresses are on your local computer. you need to upload them to the forum. "from computer" select files and then upload

co2jae

OK I am trying to upload them now. Not so tech savvy either, ( I know, I know.. how did this guy get a 7000?) thanks for the help.
Jamie

pedroj

I am new to DSLR's and trying to learn, therefore I am starting with the 'auto' feature. Some of the pics aren't sharp and look like they have blue/red/green blotches on them. Is my camera OK? Help pleaseffile:///Users/jean/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/Jun 23, 2012/DSC_0727.JPGfile:///Users/jean/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2012/Jun 23, 2012/DSC_0730.JPG

The blotches in the images is probably noise...you can control the ISO in the menu, change the ISO to manual and put it on ISO 200...Don't get frustrated and have fun...

co2jae

Boat.jpgNow when I try to upload photos it says the files are damaged, yet the show up on my mac.

OK In the dark areas(if you can see) the red blotchy-ness (I can make up words better than I shoot pictures) is prevalent. Hopefully someone can view the picture........sigh.....

Last edited:

pedroj

OK James The discoloration you have in the image is "noise, ISO was 25600"...

Try shooting in Aperture Priority At F8...Put you ISO in manual and set it at 200..If you use your flash it will reduce the noise...Have a read through your manual and watch some tutorials on YouTube..Great learning tools

co2jae

Thanks, I figured the issue was user based! I will keep reading but likely will be back for personal help from the pros...

Dooku77

That white balance is blinding lol. If your going to venture away from the automatic setting, the advice that was given is excellent. you should try aperture priority.

Eye-level

Banned
You could also go M set the aperture at f8 ISO at 200 White Balance at Flash Shutter Speed starting at 250 and chimp around till you get the right exposure for that particular photo...get away from Auto right away and don't think the D7K is to much camera for you because it isn't it will only help you if you know how to set it up right...

James fill out your profile and put up some more snaps please...welcome to the forum...:)

grandpaw

The ISO is waaaaaaay too high. You shot this at 25,600 for an ISO. Start out much lower, around 200 to 400 and you will see a very big improvement.
Jeff