Tripod review

John P

Ravelli APGL4 review,

I used to subscribe to the mindset of "You get what you pay for" when it came to tripods. I had quite a bit of gear stolen about a year ago. Which included my Manfrotto 3021 tripod. For my birthday my kids replaced it with the Ravelli APGL4 (best they could afford).

This tripod comes with the head included, and two mounting plates. Carry bag, and two allen wrenches for adjustments.

Over the last year I have definitely put this tripod to the test. And can honestly say. It is the best tripod I have owned (much to my dismay).

The articulating feet snap off to expose intergrated spikes for outdoor shooting. And the legs are very sturdy. The flip locks are made of aluminum (not plastic), and are adjustable with allen screws.

The head is the best I have used. Very quick to adjust, and pans extremely smooth. It holds my D90 with a 70-200 2.8 lens rock solid with no creep after adjusting. The only plastic on the entire head is the levels. It also has an allen screw adjustment to adjust for slop in the ball joint over time. But after a year of daily use I have not had to make any adjustments as of yet.

Anyone looking for a very nice (less expensive) tripod. Would be served well by this set up. Replacing my more expensive set up at this point would simply be a waste of money. Included is a link with pictures and specs.

Amazon.com: Ravelli APGL4 New Professional 70" Tripod with Adjustable Pistol Grip Head and Heavy Duty Carry Bag: Camera & Photo