SYmpathy Portrait CC please

Red Earth

This is my 3 year old great niece who spends a lot of time in our graphics shop helping with daily mundane chores.... Making sure customers are greeted and have a lollipop, making forts out of all the boxes and being very tolerant of ole Uncle Phil and his camera, to name a few!

We use her to model some of the clothes or other items we make.... Hence the Thunder shirt.... Well they lost the finals so I used this photo with the caption... "Gallant effort guys, we still love ya!"

Does the pose convey the message?

Quality of photograph and PP?

Tear it up!

http:// Taylor by Red Earth D Signs, on Flickr

PJ

westmill

Banned
Its a lovely picture of a really beautiful young girl. The composition in itself is fine, although it has created a not too pleasing format in the crop.
It is neither square or oblong, so it it kind of goes against the grain for me. I would crop it even tighter by taking a little more from each side which would also help put back a more uniform format. The picture is also over saturated. It can be a nice warming effect if thats your aim but it still comes accross as just being too red for my liking. :)

Red Earth

Thanks... I agree on the crop...it's been bugging me as well, I am going to give it another shot! The overall color was tough... the brick wall in the background and she being so tan kind flows together. I have others of here against a lighter stucco wall that contrast better. I just bought a new spectrophotometer and am in the process of calibrating my cameras to all my screens, printers and RIP software programs...quite the process!

Thanks for the ideas.

PJ

Eye-level

Banned
One thing I like about it is the nice blurring of the wall. This is one of those situations where if the wall was more in focus it would detract from the picture. Perfect example of how the background can be just as an important as the subject itself!

pedroj

To me the skin tone is off..The pose doesn't worry me at all...I have done a couple off adjustments, If you wish I will post it for you to have a look