Infered Photography

pedroj

I'm sure it's not the best IR photo but it's a learning curve...This was taken at 1.09 PM, sun is to bright so burns the leaves facing it..Time of day Morning or Afternoon would be better less wind means sharper images...Anyway I'm reasonably happy with my $28 filter...

IR 2 007.jpg

westmill

Banned

Its an interesting concept for me. I like infrared pics. I know you can modify DSLRs to take infrared. It will be interesting to see more.
This was a RAW file I converted to infrared in capture NX2 ! :D

westmill

Banned
I kind of like the black and white infrared. Ive seen some amazing images. I might just get around to having one of my cameras done. Not sure Im brave enough to do it myself though lol Well done you ! :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head

pedroj

Its an interesting concept for me. I like infrared pics. I know you can modify DSLRs to take infrared. It will be interesting to see more.
This was a RAW file I converted to infrared in capture NX2 ! :D

I used an IR filter From Hong Kong [$28] on the end of the lens...It's a bit slow, I had to focus then put the AF in manual then screw the filter on to the lens...Aperture F5.6....Shutter was open for 8 seconds...ISO 200...Focal length 16mm

westmill

Banned
Yes they are dark indeed. Grain can look good with infrared though so I wouldnt be too afraid of wacking up the ISO. Im not sure how or if it would effect focus too, since infrared has a different focus point. In the old days you could buy Kodak infrared film used in conjunction with a filter like the one you have. The lenses had a IR marking set in them. The Idea was you focus in your described mannor and then turn back the focus ring to match the mark. :)