Simple TIP for Nikon D90 and D80 users and maybe other models

grandpaw

Recently I was on vacation and left my D7000 in the hotel room and ended up shooting a show with my D90. It was dark and there were a lot of people in the audience setting behind me so I didn't want my rear LCD screen to review each shot and make a big distracting light go on after each picture. I knew that the Review Image could be turned off in the menu but could not remember where it was located at. I have it in the MY MENU on my D7000 and could not remember where it was at and I needed to do something fast that would eliminate all the bright light of the rear LCD screen. What I used to fix the problem was very simple. I just slid one of my business cards between the screen protector and the LCD screen and it blocked all the light perfectly. It wasn't high tech but it did the job just fine. Just thought I would pass this simple tip on to everyone just in case the situation ever comes up.
Jeff

grandpaw

You know, that is an excellent tip in a pinch, I would not have thought of it. Thanks.

It is very easy to do in the menu but if you are in a hurry and can't remember where it is in the menu it is a quick and easy answer to the problem.
Jeff

Tech way to do it
Go to the playback menu
scroll to image review press "OK"
select OFF and press "OK" again

Redneck way to do it

Insert business card between rear LCD and protector

grandpaw

With the D7000 you can place the menu options in a custom menu called "My Menu" so you have instant access to the options you change most. When you use the My Menu it is a lot easier but it is a lot like using speed dial with your phone, it makes remembering the number, or in this case the location of where it is at in the menu, a little more challenging. I only use my D90 as a backup or when I want to have access to two different lenses at the same time. This goes right back to the, "if you don't use it you lose it", saying.
Jeff

Last edited: