Inter-changing File Extensions Between Post-Processing Programs

TedG954

I would like to use more than one program while working with a particular photo. I use Photo Shop, Paint Shop, and Photo Matrix. Like a photo that has an Photo Shop file extension or TIFF and I can't open it in Paint Shop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

westmill

Banned
Its probably just the fact it cant be in two places at the same time Ted. You should be able to load them quickly from pictures if you leave your programs open and just shrink them down. Its like I cant open files in Capture NX from Adobe Bridge or vice versa. They need a common place like pictures etc. I use mostly Capture NX2 but on the odd occasion I need my CS4 I just hit save and reopen in CS4. As long as the program is left running its fairly fast to download.

emoxley

I don't know if saving the pic as a smart object would help with this or not. I don't know enough about it to tell you how either. Do a search for it.
Also, instead of saving as a photoshop file, save it as a jpeg. Doing that though may not let you do what you're trying to do. Jpeg can limit what can be done to pics. Sorry I'm not much help.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Usually the safest file format that won't cause a loss of image quality is TIFF. The drawback is that the files are large.