External Hard Drive

Stangman98

What are you all using for storage right now? I am always so worried about losing my RAW files. I use a 1TB external HD. Thinking about getting another one just as a back up.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I have 4 (1 and 1.5 TB) external drives (Western Digital and LaCie) and a couple of portable Iomegas 750GB (since my computer is so full I can't load any more photos on it)

Everything is backed up 4 times, plus I use backblaze for online and offsite storage.

RickSawThat

I have 3 external drives. 1 - 1TB and 2 500GB. One is used for photo backup, one is used as a complete computer backup, one is a time machine (Mac) backup. I do a full computer backup at least once every 2 weeks. I back up all my memory cards after shooting with both RAW and JPEG files. I load JPEG files into Aperture for PP (combo of Aperture and Photoshop PP done) and then posting on Nikonites Project 365. I also use DropBox for backup of work related files.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I have 2 2TB RAIDed in my desktop and 2 1.5TB RAIDed in my NAS. I also keep a copy of my main catalog on both my ThinkPad and Macbook as both have 750GB hybrid drives installed. I have multiple portable drives. My wife rotates one to her office as our offsite. When we travel, I use an external in a separate bag.

I'm a certified Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery consultant by trade. The only thing I trust is redundancy. Works for recovery and corruption.

On the Windows side, check out Microsoft's free SyncToy. I use it to keep my directories up-to-date.