Do you have this lens?

bluenoser

Banned
12001700mmview.jpg

Nikkor 1200mm-1700mm (the mother of all zooms - at least ones that aren't made by NASA! lol!)

My local dealer doesn't seem to have one in stock but I wasn't sure if it was worth the cash: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/zoomsMF/12001700mm.htm :playful:

Something tells me I don't think I could sneak this one into the ballpark.

Last edited:

Stangman98

I have been drooling over that for a couple of years. I think one was on the market a few years ago and was at at least $75k or something like that. I would buy that and a 2x converter and would be set!

westmill

Banned
Nope !!!! it wasnt me ocifer I swear :D It was Rick... he done it.... he took it ;)
Bugger that for a game of shottys lol I would want pallbearers ;)

Pierro

That rich mutha is carrying 2 of 'em !

Jeeeeeeeeez though, even with a 500mm, if its real warm out the heat haze is bad. Cant imagine what it'd be like looking through 1700mm. I suspect maybe something similar to what Lawrence of Arabia would see - fake water :D

AC016

12001700mmview.jpg

Nikkor 1200mm-1700mm (the mother of all zooms - at least ones that aren't made by NASA! lol!)

My local dealer doesn't seem to have one in stock but I wasn't sure if it was worth the cash: http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/zoomsMF/12001700mm.htm :playful:

Something tells me I don't think I could sneak this one into the ballpark.

This is beyond ridiculous!! I would love to have one. I would then not have to leave my home to plane spot. Just sit on my balcony and click away! Just to see the look on the faces of fellow plane spotters if i were to show up with this monster would be priceless. They would all sheepishly walk away with their pewny 400mm lenses. HAHAHAHA!!! Mine is bigger than yours!!! HAHAHAHA!!!.... okay, wake up to reality now, lol.

Patrick M

It's almost 3' long, weighs a ton and comes with its own trailer and winch!

Cor...

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD