[help please] Editing & Uploading videos without losing the quality!

iheartnikon

Hi there
I am new to this website. Looking forward to learning.

I really hope someone would be able to help me with my Nikon D7000.

I enjoy taking videos. I don't want something big in quality, but the quality that comes out of my Nikon is good enough for me. The video files are .MOV straight from my Nikon to my iMac. Then, I like to edit my clips to combine them all (clips) into one video, then share them in YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The thing is though, uploading the final video to youtube takes FOREVER. To the point that I would just give up waiting. I can leave my computer uploading for a full day (leave it in the morning and return to it in the evening) yet find it uploading still. The video is normally 3 minutes long (5 minutes maximum). Not more. It drives me crazy. So I end up decreasing the video size in the video editing program that I use - iMovie '06. However, doing that decreases the real video quality in youtube :( it does upload it quickly but the quality is just very bad.
My questions are: how can I upload Nikon D7000 videos to youtube without waiting for two (or more) days and without decreasing its quality? What video editing software you use for your D7000?

I really would appreciate any input.

AC016

Mmmm, this really has nothing to do with you camera. This is more about you uploading your movie to YouTube. I am sure if you google this, you would find some tutorials. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with your Nikon, lol:)