Colour Management and Firefox

bluenoser

Banned
Hello everyone.

I use Firefox (13.0.1) and even with previous versions I found that I had trouble matching up the "look" of images processed in Capture NX2 when viewed in my Firefox browser. That is, the images would like far more saturated than when I finished processing them in CNX 2.

I have the colour managment set to Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3002 in CNX2 and to sRGB within the camera (I shoot RAW anyway). I use Spyder 4 and have calibrated my Dell U2410 monitor as well. When I save a NEF file to JPEG, I always check the box where it asks to use the embedded ICC profile.

So for example when I upload a picture into Flickr, it looks over-saturated compared to the image when viewed in the Nikon software.

I came across an interesting little article about how to change the colour managment in Firefox. Long story short, I changed the default colour management indicator from 2 to 1 and iit worked! Now my images look as they do in Nikon CNX2 (I'd be interested in anyone's else's comments about this article too).

However...not surprisingly I suppose - if I view an image in IE or Chrome for example, the big saturation comes back again (no colour management I believe?). So when I post an image on Nikonites, anyone viewing it with IE for example won't see what I'm seeing? Is that correct? Can I do anything about that?

Love to hear from you colour management experts! :)