Just ordered a Lowepro 200 AW. I hope I made the right choice.

TedG954

My current bag is of very good quality, but I need a little more size. I researched what I could and found the Lowepro bags to be highly recommended. I will post my opinions after it is received and I use it for a while.

bluenoser

Banned
$30 would do it for me too! Good choice! :)

If you're like me, finding one camera bag that makes you completely happy is almost an impossible task. I have way too many bags (but not as many as other bag-a-holics I know - paging my pal Salvatore! :)) Right now I'm having a love affair of sorts with the ThinkTank line of bags - specifically their messenger bag line (Retrospective 10 and 20). I still have a couple of Lowepro slingshots (100 and 200), Lowepro Flipside 300, Domke F2 Rugged Wear bag, Crumpler 4 million dollar home and 3 ThinkTank bags (I may have forgotten 1 or 2 :))

Having said that, the Lowerpo 200 is a very useful bag and one that I'm still glad I have! :)

fotojack

I had the 202 model, but it just wasn't big enough for me, so I sold it. There are times when I wish I hadn't, but.......life goes on. I now use a Lowepro CompuTrekker. Carries most of my stuff when I need it. Lowepro is guaranteed for life, by the way. Not too many people know this.

I'm always looking at different bags, too. I think it's an obsession. :) There will NEVER be one bag that can do it all. Compromises must be made somewhere....but it's fun lookin'! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

I had the 202 model, but it just wasn't big enough for me, so I sold it. There are times when I wish I hadn't, but.......life goes on. I now use a Lowepro CompuTrekker. Carries most of my stuff when I need it. Lowepro is guaranteed for life, by the way. Not too many people know this.

I'm always looking at different bags, too. I think it's an obsession. :) There will NEVER be one bag that can do it all. Compromises must be made somewhere....but it's fun lookin'! :)

What spelling mistake??? lol

Sambr

$30 would do it for me too! Good choice! :)

If you're like me, finding one camera bag that makes you completely happy is almost an impossible task. I have way too many bags (but not as many as other bag-a-holics I know - paging my pal Salvatore! :)) Right now I'm having a love affair of sorts with the ThinkTank line of bags - specifically their messenger bag line (Retrospective 10 and 20). I still have a couple of Lowepro slingshots (100 and 200), Lowepro Flipside 300, Domke F2 Rugged Wear bag, Crumpler 4 million dollar home and 3 ThinkTank bags (I may have forgotten 1 or 2 :))

Having said that, the Lowerpo 200 is a very useful bag and one that I'm still glad I have! :)
LOL James, ya know me too well. Thinking of buying another " backpack" design it will either be Lowepro or Tamrack. Been using my Domke F2 lately for local outings. For travel nothing beats the Lowepro Stealth Reporter series ( I now have the 200,300,400, &550) my favorite the 300AW

bluenoser

Banned
What spelling mistake??? lol

Well that's the point...I fixed it! :)

PS. You spelled "Carries" like this "Carrifies" - although I must admit that does sound like a cool word! Something lawyer Jackie Chiles from Seinfeld would use! :)

Jackie-Chiles.jpg

Patrick M

I have the 250 sling back. It's the best I've had....and I've had dozens!!
Probably need to get the 300 as is getting a bit tight.
Only -ve is that there's no tripod straps.
I use it daily.

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TedG954

I filled up the 200AW today...... what a great bag! It is so very well thought out. I lucked out with a good choice. Thanks to all for your comments.

fotojack

I found a like new Lowepro Nova 4 AW on Kijiji today for $30. I couldn't pass it up! lol Works great for the D40 (gripped) and a couple lenses and a flash. :)

TedG954

I found a like new Lowepro Nova 4 AW on Kijiji today for $30. I couldn't pass it up! lol Works great for the D40 (gripped) and a couple lenses and a flash. :)

I like to think that even a blind acorn finds a squirrel once in a while. Enjoy your new bag!