Multipoint selectable focal points. 5100 doesn't have it..

eurotrash

Which is lame. I wish it did. As I progress, I keep wanting things out of my body that it simply can't provide. I could just kick myself for not buying the very best body I could afford. I really am starting to need things like this and it's almost painful to admit to myself that I need to upgrade already. I wish the d7000 would come down in price or that something would be released in the near future so that I can trade my camera in for something new that has all these features I'm now needing, but previously didn't care about.

But it's not just that. Bigger, Brighter viewfinder. Better flash control. dedicated function buttons. recallable customizable settings. As I think about all of it, the list seems to go on and on..

Blast.

Rick M

You can select the single point, that's not what you are looking for?

I regreted not going to D7000 from my D3100, at this point I'd wait for the D400 or D600, might as well get the latest!

eurotrash

No, single point is all well and good, but I want multiple selectable single points if possible. Might be asking too much on that front, but all my other wants are now starting to become needs in my photography :/
So that i suppose, inevitably means an upgrade by years' end. The question is just,... Fx or stick with dx I suppose. I don't want to make the same mistake twice

Last edited:

eurotrash

Let me try to simplify it for you.

The AF system in the 5100 has 11 points, yes? None of which are clustered? (They appear a few cm away from each other in the viewfinder. They aren't a cluster of AF points, they're very spread out through the viewfinder) That's what I'm talking about.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to select the topmost left AF point, as well as the centre bottom AF point only. Assuming the AF points were focused on the same plane, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. (You can't focus on two separate focal planes obviously) I don't know if some cameras can actually do that but that's what I would want. Short of that, the clustered approach to the D7000 is the next best thing.

Last edited:

AC016

Which is lame. I wish it did. As I progress, I keep wanting things out of my body that it simply can't provide. I could just kick myself for not buying the very best body I could afford. I really am starting to need things like this and it's almost painful to admit to myself that I need to upgrade already. I wish the d7000 would come down in price or that something would be released in the near future so that I can trade my camera in for something new that has all these features I'm now needing, but previously didn't care about.

But it's not just that. Bigger, Brighter viewfinder. Better flash control. dedicated function buttons. recallable customizable settings. As I think about all of it, the list seems to go on and on..

Blast.

The title of your post should be, "I want to upgrade", lol:p