Home made backdrop stand

fotojack

I finally put together my home made back drop stand. My next door neighbour is a welder, and he put together a bracket that I had made out of some aluminum pieces I had in my garage.
bracket.jpg

Next I attached it to a length of aluminum angle and, together with an old light stand I had..........voila!.......a back drop stand! Works pretty good, too. :)
back drop 2.jpg

It goes up higher, but I lowered it to take the pictures.

I riveted the bracket and angle aluminum together. It's easily transportable and light weight. The back drop is reversible, from black to gray.

Eye-level

Banned
Nice...

Jack there is a D300S on the Tulsa Craiglist right now for like $540...he got a D700 so he is selling the 300...that is a good deal...

slowpoke

Now that's ingenuity for ya.Don't forget the duct tape around any sharp edges.:D This stand should last a life time.Now we take a sewing class to make a carring case for that great stand.LOL

westmill

Banned
I made a portable one once, very cheaply and easily. I went to a car boot sale and bought a projector screen for £5.
I just took off the screen bit and used the telescopic stand. Very fast and very simple. I still have it today :eek:
Projector screens are ten a penny these days lol.

fotojack

Nice...

Jack there is a D300S on the Tulsa Craiglist right now for like $540...he got a D700 so he is selling the 300...that is a good deal...

Thanks, Jeff. If only I had the money, I would snap that up for sure! Now if only some rich person would adopt me..... ;)