Maxpedition Mongo Versipack

catfish

Image from manufactures website

Has anyone used this bag to house a DSLR with an extra lens? I have seen a few reviews on youtube for the jumbo (1 size smaller) with a DSLR but it doesn't appear to have a whole lot of room once you put the camera in for another lens ( say like a 70-300mm)

I am quite familiar with the company, I have the Kodiak gear slinger which has made it thru Afghanistan and so far 4+ months in Honduras very nicely ( it also doubles as a diaper bag when I am back home in the states;), and survived the rigorous Disney world) I am thinking of this as it will be at my side ( the Kodiak sits on your back like a back pack.)

Just wondering if anyone here has tested out the mongo size ( or even the jumbo would like to hear your experiences)

Thanks

Attachments

• 0439k_2_detail.jpg
    0439k_2_detail.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,893

TedG954

I use a Jumbo for a bug-out bag. Maxpedition is a fine product. My wallet is even a Maxpedition. You can't go wrong with their products.

Shoots808

I have the Fat Boy and it's a little small for a DSLR but I would imagine that Mongo, or the Jumbo would be perfect. I use my Fat Boy as a kind of EDC with my Fuji X100. It does work well for my D5100 and an extra lens in the bottle holder, but not if I have the battery grip attached. It then becomes too small. If I could do it again, I would get the Mongo.

Last edited:

catfish

Thanks yall. From what I can understand they have a rain flap/ drawstring thing on the main compartment. I have been caught in the rain with my Kodiak and don't remember stuff getting wet being a problem, what is yalls opinion of this feature?

Shoots808

With my Fat Boy there is no drawstring on the main compartment and that is a problem. I keep my camera body in a Crown Royal bag in the main compartment but also use a big ziplock baggie if I expect foul weather. I wish the bag had a weather zipper.