Most Overrated Bands

Stangman98

Am I the only one that thinks that Beatles and Zepplin are two of the most overrated groups ever??? I love Clapton, Hendrix, The Who, Sabbath, ect. But I can't stated that other two bands. I like the solo stuff but the Beatles, but shit I still think as a band they are overrated

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I think it all depends on the "era" and they all have their own fans. Try talking to a teenager and they might ask you, "who are they?".
Before the computers and internet were around, just about everyone relied on albums, MTV/VH1; so the bands or artists get a lot of attention. With the internet around, this has been divided and "bands" get some attention but not as much IMO.

Just about everyone has a facebook account or twitter. Accounts that I still have yet to create.

pedroj

am i the only one that thinks that beatles and zepplin are two of the most overrated groups ever??? I love clapton, hendrix, the who, sabbath, ect. But i can't stated that other two bands. I like the solo stuff but the beatles, but shit i still think as a band they are overrated

yes yes yes yes

Ebilpirate

Hmmm, Context is important.

Zep: They refused to release singles as they wanted their output to be heard in album context, its important to listen to them in that frame set. Diving in for the odd song just makes them sound like rock excess. Personally I love them, but oddly enough with the exception of many of the "classics". Stairway - oh leave it out, bloody hippy drivel. Levee - Great riff, great drum beat and I love the way you can hear bonzo's kick pedal squeak, but god it gets boring.

Have you tried the first album? I get the impression you like brit blues rock and for me that album is one of the pinnacles of the movement.

Beatles : Bloody great before they grew beards.

For me the Beatles are interesting as a band of a time, they were the first really popular Pop songwriting outfit. I can appreciate what they achieved but for pop, they aren't a patch on the the Kinks.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't get Springsteen at all. . . and one of my wife's friends is his neighbor. I haven't visited their house yet either. Just because.