Logged in time-out should really be longer.

eurotrash

Seriously, I don't know why it's so short. I can leave my desk and come back after using the john and i'm already logged out. What's the default time limit? Can this be changed?

Thanks!

I'm not sure, but I think if you click the 'remember me' button, it doesn't log you out for something along the lines of 3 months or so.
I haven't been asked for my login since the beginning.

eurotrash

That worked for a few months, now all of a sudden it broke itself. Will try again, but specifically the time out when logged in should be longer. IMHO, of course.

bluenoser

Banned
Try clearing out your browser cache and cookies...then log back in. I haven't had any premature log out issues (that didn't sound right ;)) but I believe clearing these items should do the trick (I hope!)

I have cleared out the forum cookies and logged back in and then protected them. I use enhanced cookie manager in Firefox so all cookies except them ones I choose to protect are deleted each time I close the browser. This worked great for the last close to a year with this forum. It is only in the last few weeks that it is not working.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Seriously, I don't know why it's so short. I can leave my desk and come back after using the john and i'm already logged out. What's the default time limit? Can this be changed?

Thanks!

Are you clicking "Remember Me"? What browser are you using?

If you don't click remember me, you'll stay logged in for 15 min. Otherwise you'll stay logged in for years unless you clear cookies. Like bluenoser said, clear cookies, and try again if you still don't stay logged in.

RickSawThat

COOKIIEEES.jpg

bluenoser

Banned
I'm never logged out prematurely, perhaps because I empty my cookies every couple nights.

This is the funniest thing I've read on here in a while....it's soooooo wrong but I can't help myself - it's bloody funny! :D

Great advice Rick (no matter which way you meant it! :))

westmill

Banned
Im feeling guilty an sorry for Rick now lol.... he is going be as red as beetroot when he has finnished emptying his cookies :)
Ok Thats it..... not sayin another word :)