SB700 af speedflash

westmill

Banned
A great gun !!!!! When you buy batteries, take it with you to make sure they slide in easily.
It seems some rechargables are made a tad thicker than others. Some where a bit too tight and caused problems.
This was later put right on the SB900. Other than that its a great gun :)

slowpoke

A great gun !!!!! When you buy batteries, take it with you to make sure they slide in easily.
It seems some rechargables are made a tad thicker than others. Some where a bit too tight and caused problems.
This was later put right on the SB900. Other than that its a great gun :)
Thanks for the heads up.

fotojack

If you want the best batteries for your SB-700. head out to your local Super Store or whatever it's called out there, (Loblaws) and look for President's Choice brand batteries. They're made by Eneloop, and they are simply the best rechargeable battery hands down. If you're lucky, you could find them at a reputable computer store or battery outlet store (the Eneloops, that is). They come precharged and ready to work. Some are sold with their own charger, too.
Better yet, do a Google on the Eneloop brand name and read up on it. You'll be surprised. They're rated at 2000mah, and charged up and put away, the charge will last for a year!

Eneloops.jpg

slowpoke

Thank You,fotojack.The Super store is right down the road from us,I'll check it out and let you know.
I went on line and orded charger and batteries,Thanks again.

Last edited:

joecap

Great flash. I am wanting one, bad.. So far best price $295..
Anyway, on the Chargeable batteries. I use a company called LENMAR R2G. It's one of the best & safest chargers out there. Make sure you get their batteries. They claim they can be charged 1000 times.
They also hold their unused charge. I got mine from Newegg.com

Last edited by a moderator:

slowpoke

Joecap,I picked up 4 eneloop batteries,and charger.They seem to work really good.Thanks for your sugestion.If these fail I can always switch.Joe

Stangman98

If you want the best batteries for your SB-700. head out to your local Super Store or whatever it's called out there, (Loblaws) and look for President's Choice brand batteries. They're made by Eneloop, and they are simply the best rechargeable battery hands down. If you're lucky, you could find them at a reputable computer store or battery outlet store (the Eneloops, that is). They come precharged and ready to work. Some are sold with their own charger, too.
Better yet, do a Google on the Eneloop brand name and read up on it. You'll be surprised. They're rated at 2000mah, and charged up and put away, the charge will last for a year!

View attachment 12163

Thanks Jack. Just ordered these

Sanyo New Eneloop AA NiMH Batteries with Charger, 4-Pack SECMQN064N

&

Sanyo Eneloop XX AA NiMH Rechargeable Battery, 4 Pack 4HR-3UWX