Fishing Port and sea mist

miknoypinoy

great shot westmill. . . seagulls and everything included. . . good to see you back after your "vacation". . .

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

westmill

Banned
great shot westmill. . . seagulls and everything included. . . good to see you back after your "vacation". . .

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .
Thanks Mik !!! Alls well that ends well my friend :D I got some great shots while i was in Cornwall but this was possibly my
fave one. :)

westmill

Banned
Great shot, I really love the detail. It was low tide, right?
Thanks Mestre :) Yes it was low tide, but It was actualy just coming in. I kind of liked that, because I felt it gave my pic
the best of both worlds as it were. I never got chance to take one on high tide as the sea mist came in fast. The whole place was in deep
fog about twenty miniutes after this was taken :)

Mestre

Honestly, I think that in the high tide you'd loose. It's a great pic, here in my neighborhood ports are easy to find but they rarely have the mist :)

westmill

Banned
Now that's dedication! I would have missed the birds!
Well I was a bit lucky too as I was watching both birds. It looked like the one on the left was about to dissapear behind that mast So I took it quickly while both birds were still in the frame. That was the closest bird too so i gave him the predominant moment as it were lol.

Honestly, I think that in the high tide you'd loose. It's a great pic, here in my neighborhood ports are easy to find but they rarely have the mist :)
I was actualy on holiday myself. So I dont know how rare these conditions are there. It was one of those joyus moments us Photographers know
when we have the shot in the bag, without even looking :D I had a number of those kind of moments so it was a great trip for me.
Got fat on Cornish pasties though lol. :D

Eye-level

Banned
I have been a fan of CS Forester's Hornblower novels since I was a wee lad...I'm a weird bookworm like that...that shot screams Hornblower to me..you even have at least one sailing vessel in it! Great stuff sir...

westmill

Banned
I have been a fan of CS Forester's Hornblower novels since I was a wee lad...I'm a weird bookworm like that...that shot screams Hornblower to me..you even have at least one sailing vessel in it! Great stuff sir...
Thanks Jeff :) I like Hornblower myself. One of my fave movies is actualy Master and Comander Far Side of the World.... awsome Film.