My best picture taken so far :)

RiDdLe

Hey guys!

I'm from Córdoba, Argentina but now I'm living in Buenos Aires (the capitol city) and this is a picture that I take the other night after my work.
Didn't use a tripod, but still a good picture!

7369169778_52a2a3624a_b.jpg

Was taken with my D3100, 18-55mm and edited with Adobe Lightroom (not to much, black and white, exposure and stuff like that).
Now I'm waiting for the 35mm 1.8 and a tripod and looking forward for better results!
Feel free to tell me what could be better in terms of composition, please!

Regards :)

RiDdLe

Thank you! And yes, I have to learn how to modify that in Lightroom, because that horizon was real, that's how it is :)

TedG954

For expenses only, I'd be willing to come down and show you how to straighten out that horizon. Should take about 3-4 weeks, but that's just an estimate. Let me know. I'll be watching the mail for the airline ticket.

:rolleyes:

westmill

Banned
A nice pic with good composition !
If poss, I would try to brighten and raise the contrast a little on the boats, as they seem a little dull and flat and would
lift the pic even more. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

Hey guys!

I'm from Córdoba, Argentina but now I'm living in Buenos Aires (the capitol city) and this is a picture that I take the other night after my work.
Didn't use a tripod, but still a good picture!

View attachment 12030

Was taken with my D3100, 18-55mm and edited with Adobe Lightroom (not to much, black and white, exposure and stuff like that).
Now I'm waiting for the 35mm 1.8 and a tripod and looking forward for better results!
Feel free to tell me what could be better in terms of composition, please!

Regards :)

I straightened the horizon, increased the exposure to heighten the lights and did a very minor crop to take out the twist.

You took a beautiful shot! You might want to shop this to your local advertising agency and see if you can make a few bucks!

I hope that you don't mind my playing with your image. :)

Buenos Aires.jpg

RiDdLe

For expenses only, I'd be willing to come down and show you how to straighten out that horizon. Should take about 3-4 weeks, but that's just an estimate. Let me know. I'll be watching the mail for the airline ticket.

:rolleyes:

Im with ted. Should take a few weeks. Will be waiting for plane ticket. Great shot!

Let me see what can I do jaja, but I can promise a glass of Argentinian wine when you guys are here!

I straightened the horizon, increased the exposure to heighten the lights and did a very minor crop to take out the twist.

You took a beautiful shot! You might want to shop this to your local advertising agency and see if you can make a few bucks!

I hope that you don't mind my playing with your image. :)

View attachment 12047

Wow, that's amazing! Thank you a lot, now is a very decent picture :p And I would love to know more about that advertising agency tip!

I would take out some of the foreground so the horizon was not right in the center of the picture. Great shot :)

Thank you!

RiDdLe

Sweet! Looks so much brightness, I really like it!

I would use all your examples and try to replicate it in LR ... that's a good way to learn, I guess.

Thank you all!