How do I delete a picture in a post

grandpaw

I placed a picture in a post and wanted to replace it. I added the new version and thought I got rid of the original but now they are both there. It is probably fairly easy but so far I haven't found out how to delete one of the photos. If you can tell me how I would appreciate your assistance, Jeff

miknoypinoy

I think you need to "manage attachments". located towards the bottom of the screen when editing a post. delete it in there I think that's how you do it. lol.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

grandpaw

I think you need to "manage attachments". located towards the bottom of the screen when editing a post. delete it in there I think that's how you do it. lol.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

I have already looked at that two or three times and I would think that is where it will be done at but I just don't see how to do it. Thanks for your quick reply, Jeff

PhotoAV8R

It's kinda clunky.

Click "Edit," then "Go Advanced." Scroll down to and click "Manage Attachments." On my setup (Mac running Firefox) I get a new window. At the bottom, it shows the picture(s) in the post. Click the little box on the thumbnail and "Done."

Good luck, we're all counting on you...

grandpaw

Don, as far as I know I did step by step what you told me to do. By the way I also use a Mac and Firefox. Just to make sure we are trying to do the same thing, I want to delete one of the pictures, Jeff

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
This depends on how you added them to the post. If they were added by attachment, the above should work. If you added by clicking the "Insert Image" icon then click "Edit Post" then the a/A in the upper left of the editor. You'll see the images with "img" around the URL. Delete the one you don't want.

grandpaw

This depends on how you added them to the post. If they were added by attachment, the above should work. If you added by clicking the "Insert Image" icon then click "Edit Post" then the a/A in the upper left of the editor. You'll see the images with "img" around the URL. Delete the one you don't want.

I did add the picture by the ADD IMAGE way. I did this just like you posted, "click "Edit Post" then the a/A in the upper left of the editor. You'll see the images with "img" around the URL. Delete the one you don't want." after doing this I didn't see anything close to what I should see. I am bound and determined to get this figured out so please keep trying to help me figure this out, Jeff

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
hrm, are you referring to this thread? http://nikonites.com/photo-critique/6297-blue-heron.html

If that's the case, do what Don said - the "X" to remove an image is in the upper right of the thumbnail on the bottom under "Attachments".

I agree - it's not the best way to manage images. Unfortunately I didn't design it. :)

attachment_remove.JPG

grandpaw

hrm, are you referring to this thread? http://nikonites.com/photo-critique/6297-blue-heron.html

If that's the case, do what Don said - the "X" to remove an image is in the upper right of the thumbnail on the bottom under "Attachments".

I agree - it's not the best way to manage images. Unfortunately I didn't design it. :)

View attachment 12050

Thank you, Thank you, It worked!!!! I could have figured this out myself if the "X" would always be there. It did not show up until I placed my pointer up in the top right corner. Thanks everyone for all the help, I really appreciate you sticking with me on this, Jeff

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
No prob! glad that worked.

FYI, in the future it's easier to use the Insert Image feature for pics.