Can I use a Nikon 35-70mm f3.3-4.5 AF zoom with nikon D50/D100?

jenka85

Hi i'm new here but I have a question, i brought a $(KGrHqR,!iwE9TbMzSFnBPbROsFI7g~~60_3.JPG

Nikon 35-70mm f3.3-4.5 AF Nikkor zoom len off ebay and I notice when i use it on my nikon D50 if I change the aperture manually past 22 I get a blinking 'FEE' warning sign and camera will no long take any images

is this normal with older AF Lens?

this what the seller said

"as you are using a digital and not an older style film camera you should mount the lens on your camera at its smallest aperture which is f22 then set the camera to aperture priority mode on the turn wheel at the top. You can then adjust the aperture of the lens with the thumbwheels on the top right hand side of the camera. You do not need to turn the ring on the lens to adjust the aperture, as it is all done from the ca,eras menu :)

This is normal practice on a digital camera when using aperture priority mode
"

i'm already doing all the above, is this correct? or should I be able to use the len manually

would love to hear any feedback, I would very grateful

pedroj

Hi and welcome...The FEE warning is normal....I think for you to operate the aperture manually in the lens you need a fully manual camera...You can use the camera in manual mode....