Nikon D5100 & hama SDHC 4 GB cards

simon T

I have a Nikon D510.0 When I bought the camera at a independent camera shop, I also bought on their recommendation 2 X hama SDHC 4 GB cards.However from time to time when I switch the camera on or in the middle of a shoot the screen on the camera tells me that there is no card in the camera. I then have to switch off the camera Pop out, then Pop in the card and it works fine till next time. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Rick M

Re: Nikon D5100

Never heard of Hama, I have only used PNY professional class 10 in my cameras and have never had an issue.

RickSawThat

I use a variety of brands of cards. So far all have just plain worked... Lucky so far it seems. I copy to a hard drive after shooting and then format in the camera before I start shooting again each time.

westmill

Banned

It sounds a bit like a bad contact to me. Is it just one of the cards or both though ?
Cards are genraly reliable though. i use sandisk as they are very tough and work in extreme tempratures etc
Its worth investing in a good quality card. You can always use the cheap ones for emergency backup.

JohnFrench

My D3100 did not like a brand I bought once at a camera store, but I have never had an issue with the SanDisk cards. So I buy only them for my 5100.