Greetings, Folks!

David Wells

Hi everyone!

I just bought a D7000 last week, upgrading from a D80 which I sold to my son so he could enter the world of digital photography. Along with the camera, I bought the Blue Crane Digital DVDs (Volumes 1 & 2) and Darrell Young's book "Mastering the D7000".

Now all I'm waiting for is some decent weather so I can get outside and really start learning how this thing works!

Dave

bluenoser

Banned
Hello and welcome to Nikonites David! You picked a fine camera for an upgrade! Looking forward to hearing and seeing about your experiences with it. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like! :)

grandpaw

That is an excellent camera and the book will tell you everything you need to know about using it. I highly recommend both the camera and the book, Jeff

Mikeydigs

Hello Jeff , Beautiful photos on your website, I like the tips , are they available somewhere thats easy to print out ? I'd like to keep them as a reference

grandpaw

Hello Jeff , Beautiful photos on your website, I like the tips , are they available somewhere thats easy to print out ? I'd like to keep them as a reference

Thanks for taking a look at my website and for your nice comment. As far as a location to download a printable list of the tips there is none at this time but I have been ask and have been looking into having it available ay a later time, Jeff

Dooku77

Thanks for taking a look at my website and for your nice comment. As far as a location to download a printable list of the tips there is none at this time but I have been ask and have been looking into having it available ay a later time, Jeff

Do you use a D7000 exclusively?

grandpaw

Do you use a D7000 exclusively?
In the last year I have but before that I used a D90 which I still have and use for my backup camera. All the pictures at Disney World were with the D7000 but a lot of the photos on my site were with the D90. To find out which camera and settings were used place your pointer on the right hand side of the bigger picture and click on the blue box that has an "i" in it and you will be able to see the camera that was used and all the settings, Jeff

Last edited:

Dooku77

In the last year I have but before that I used a D90 which I still have and use for my backup camera. All the pictures at Disney World were with the D7000 but a lot of the photos on my site were with the D90. To find out which camera and settings were used place your pointer on the right hand side of the bigger picture and click on the blue box that has an "i" in it and you will be able to see the camera that was used and all the settings, Jeff

Excellent thank you. I can't wait to take mine to Disney next year.

David Wells

After a week of crummy weather, we finally had sunshine today, so I took the motorcycle and the D7000 up to Long Lake Dam for a little fun and experimentation. Played with the 18-70mm zoom that I kept from my D80 and the 70-300mm which I also kept from the D80 (my son has his own lenses). I put on the circular polarizer that's been rolling around in my bag unused forever to see what effects I'd get from different polarization levels. I slowed down the shutter as much as I possible could so the water over the dam looked like it was flowing and not frozen. Next time I go, I'll take the tripod and get a better look at that osprey in her nest.

Yep, this is one fine camera!

Dave

grandpaw

Excellent thank you. I can't wait to take mine to Disney next year.
The biggest challenge you will have a Disney World is getting a wide enough and fast enough lens to capture your pictures. I have four Nikon lenses and two Sigma lenses and took them all with me but the lens that took about 99% of all my pictures was the Sigma AF 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM OS. It is wide, fast and has stabilization. When I did research before going down to Disney World I found that a very high percentage of all the pictures were taken in the range between 17mm and around 40mm and after my visit I found this to be very accurate. If you get one of these lenses or something pretty close to it you should be able to take the vast majority of your pictures with this lens. Remember that having the widest fastest lens you can afford is the single best recommendation that I can give you, Jeff

Dooku77

The biggest challenge you will have a Disney World is getting a wide enough and fast enough lens to capture your pictures. I have four Nikon lenses and two Sigma lenses and took them all with me but the lens that took about 99% of all my pictures was the Sigma AF 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM OS. It is wide, fast and has stabilization. When I did research before going down to Disney World I found that a very high percentage of all the pictures were taken in the range between 17mm and around 40mm and after my visit I found this to be very accurate. If you get one of these lenses or something pretty close to it you should be able to take the vast majority of your pictures with this lens. Remember that having the widest fastest lens you can afford is the single best recommendation that I can give you, Jeff

I have been going every year with my wife for the last 9 years and I have enjoyed taking a DSLR with me. I sold my Canon gear before I went this year and was very sad. I used an 18-200mm lens the whole trip but realized I didn't need that much zoom in all the parks. For the time being I have been using the sigma 18-50 f2.8-4.5 os hsm and it seems very good for day to day and some video.