For those of you considering a new smart phone....

bluenoser

Banned
HTC-One-X-White-Deals.jpg

I know this is John's area of expertise but if anyone is considering the HTC One X - I highly recommend it. I came from a Sony Xperia X10 (Android) - I've never been an Apple person - and last month decided to give the HTC One X a go - and man is it fast! (especially with an LTE plan). I'm getting about 45 to 50mps on the download and anywhere from 20 to 40 on the upload!! crazy!!

(a screen shot of a recent speed test I performed on my One X)
2012-05-24+17.23.00.jpg

It has a bright, clear screen, phone quality is very good, the audio is fantastic and it's just a pleasure to use! :)

So how's that for "off topic" :)

Sambr

If you don't have an iPhone......Well you just don't have an IPhone

I used to Hate "Apple" Then 2 years ago I won an "Itouch" been hooked ever since.

bluenoser

Banned
I remember how you and I used to be anti-apple at the "other site" Sam - then you abandoned me! LOL!!

My son has an iTouch and my wife has an iPod - I've used them both and meh....not blown away. To me Apple is like the BORG (from Star Trek)....the are trying to absorb the entire world and turn them into non-thinking zombies! :D:D

Sambr

I remember how you and I used to be anti-apple at the "other site" Sam - then you abandoned me! LOL!!

My son has an iTouch and my wife has an iPod - I've used them both and meh....not blown away. To me Apple is like the BORG (from Star Trek)....the are trying to absorb the entire world and turn them into non-thinking zombies! :D:D

Hmm...... I am getting old James simplicity is good - however as in Star Trek "beware of the "Droids"

Patrick M

I'm a software developer....Windows platform. Have been for 25+ years, so not an Apple fan, until my wife got me the iPad 2 years ago. That was one of the best pressies I've ever had. I followed with an iPhone 4 last year and just upgraded to the new iPad.
I a convert. I got a Mac Mini and write programs now for both Windows and iOS .... I love Apple :)

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm a software developer....Windows platform. Have been for 25+ years, so not an Apple fan, until my wife got me the iPad 2 years ago. That was one of the best pressies I've ever had. I followed with an iPhone 4 last year and just upgraded to the new iPad.
I a convert. I got a Mac Mini and write programs now for both Windows and iOS .... I love Apple :)

I'm bi-computeral myself. (I think I just made up a word?) I own and use multiple PCs and Macs interchangeably. I'm at the point that I use whichever is best for the task. The most reliable by far from an OS and app perspective are the Macs, hands down. I love my iPad but I'm still a Blackberry guy. I send way too many emails on my phone a day not to have a dedicated keyboard.

As I sit on my MacBookPro, reading this on my 24" Apple Cinema Display, while my iTunes is playing on my speakers in the background, while my iPhone 3G charges, I wonder if my wife regrets switching to the Mac platform. Personally been on Apple/Mac since the Apple IIe 25+ years ago.

bluenoser

Banned
As I sit on my MacBookPro, reading this on my 24" Apple Cinema Display, while my iTunes is playing on my speakers in the background, while my iPhone 3G charges, I wonder if my wife regrets switching to the Mac platform. Personally been on Apple/Mac since the Apple IIe 25+ years ago.

I don't mean to jump to conclusions but I'm getting the impression you're a bit partial to Apple products? :D

Just-Clayton

I have to laugh. I haven't had a cell phone in almost 6 months. I got tired of getting 1-800 calls, my daughters complaining to me every day while working and my bosses acussing me of using one while driving. So I gave up having one. Everyone just has to find me on my route if they need me. lol

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The One X is a pretty nice phone.

I'm going to have a Galaxy S III here soon to play around with :)

My next phone may be the Droid Razr HD though (as long as the battery life doesn't suck)

fotojack

My Nokia flip phone is for incoming and outgoing calls only.......period! :) Total cost per month.......including taxes.....$18.38. What are YOU spending on your PHONE!? ;)

Carolina Photo Guy

My Nokia flip phone is for incoming and outgoing calls only.......period! :) Total cost per month.......including taxes.....$18.38. What are YOU spending on your PHONE!? ;)

This is the setup that my best 9/10ths and I use. We have it set up for local calls right now, but we can connect for long distance quite easily.

Verizon Phone Service.jpg