Colour Correction

rfurb

Hello, can someone help me? I am having trouble with indoor colour results. You can see that the subject seems to have a “Yellow” tinge to her. My outdoor shots are fine, what could it be?

Thank You in advance!

Rick

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Image Date: 2012-06-06 18:04:20 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 50.0mm (35mm equivalent: 75mm)
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
ISO equiv: 110
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Ver.1.01

Attachments

• DSC_8834.jpg
    DSC_8834.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by a moderator:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Can you post the image's EXIF, tell us about the light where the image was made, and how or if you post processed? Are you using a color corrected system? We need to narrow down some variables before we can help.

fotojack

My educated guess would be that you did not set your WB (White Balance) to the correct lighting that you were shooting under. The yellowish tinge is usually from shooting under incandescent bulbs (regular household bulbs) with the WB set at Auto.

pedroj

What Jack has suggested could be spot on..

To me it looks a little under exposed, maybe a little slower shutter speed or a little more light could help...

Welcome to the forum Rick..

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
Yes, your image is underexposed and the light source does not appear to be very strong and the subject looks to be several feet in front of the background. What kind of lighting was used? I note you used auto white balance - why not flash (assuming strobes or a flash gun, etc. were used) Did you take a light reading and set your camera up accordingly? Much more information is needed about the studio set-up.

I just did a super quick global adjustment to the background colour point (blew it out essentially), brought up the exposure and some other minor corrections. I was working with a JPEG file so have mercy! :)

View attachment 11813View attachment 11812

I am FAR from any kind of expert in studio shooting but here's one I did earlier last year using a studio/strobe set-up:

7164614159_ec258bf40d_c.jpg

Last edited: