Is anyone interested or into IR photography?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I just sent my Nikon D80 to www.lifepixel.com in order to have my camera converted to UVIR + full spectrum. I was wondering if the site can include this UV / IR Photogragraphy category.

BTW: lifepixel is now offering a discounted conversion for $275 on Nikon cameras.

Browncoat

Glenn:

I think if there were enough IR/UV photos posted, Mr. Admin Guy would be happy to add a new section of the forums. As it stands now though, there just doesn't seem to be enough of that particular genre to devote an entire forum to.

If this is something you're really interested in, be sure to create a thread with IR/UV in the title and use the post tags on photos you submit. One of the ways we can track if something is popular or trending is through those tags. Once it starts catching on, it will be easy to round up all the relevant threads and create a new section.

Personally, I've never dabbled in IR/UV. I've converted a few using Lightroom, but that's not the same as doing it in-camera.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I love IR photography, Glenn! Tried some with an external filter. Can't wait so see what you post!

That's good to know Helene.

I would like to explore other possibilities since we don't have models to shoot or flowers to shoot all the time. It should be fun. :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Glenn:

I think if there were enough IR/UV photos posted, Mr. Admin Guy would be happy to add a new section of the forums. As it stands now though, there just doesn't seem to be enough of that particular genre to devote an entire forum to.

If this is something you're really interested in, be sure to create a thread with IR/UV in the title and use the post tags on photos you submit. One of the ways we can track if something is popular or trending is through those tags. Once it starts catching on, it will be easy to round up all the relevant threads and create a new section.

Personally, I've never dabbled in IR/UV. I've converted a few using Lightroom, but that's not the same as doing it in-camera.

Thanks for the tip.

pedroj

It's only a cheapo I thought I'd try....It's on it's way here from Hong Kong..

I've been thinking about doing IR for ages and your thread got me going...Thanks

Last edited:
My daughter bought me a IR filter but have yet to get a picture out of it. From what I understand the filters won't work on all cameras. If anyone has any info on this let me know. I shoot the D3100

ohkphoto

Snow White
From what I understand the filters won't work on all cameras.

I know when I use my filter, I have to keep the shutter for quite awhile . . . filter is very dark..We're talking really long exposure. But it should work on any of the cameras.

pedroj

The filter I'm getting screws into my 16-35mm F4..I watched a couple of things on youtube and the fellow demonstrating it took 3 images one at 15, 5, and 1 secs i think with an aperture of F8...Manual mode...