Flash for D7000 - Nissin / Yongnuo

sourab89

Hi All,

Last time I came up with a query about third part Battery grip and I was answered with great enthusiasm and my query was properly replied. Thanks a million.
This time my query is about Flashes.

I am planning to buy a flash for my Nikon D7000 to carry out wedding, engagement, events and portfolio assignments. The two flash which i shortlisted are Nissin Di 622 and Yongnuo 560 II. I am very little knowledge about flashes coz I never thought that I will become freelancer one day and will need a flash for my photography. I also wants to be a strobist.

Help me out :)

sourab89

Well I did some research with the flashes and came up with two options:

1. Nikon SB 600 - this is out of market, not available so all i can get is 2nd hand for which I have to be lucky !

2. Nissin Di 622 Mark II - This flash is good and cheap but third party.

Till now the tide has shifted towards the Nissin Flash. Any suggestion ?

pedroj

Well I did some research with the flashes and came up with two options:

1. Nikon SB 600 - this is out of market, not available so all i can get is 2nd hand for which I have to be lucky !

2. Nissin Di 622 Mark II - This flash is good and cheap but third party.

Till now the tide has shifted towards the Nissin Flash. Any suggestion ?

If it was I making this decision I would Go for a Nikon SB-700 or look around for a second hand SB-600 which I've seen go on ebey for a couple of hundred...The SB700 can command a couple of SB-600s for portrait photography..

sourab89

If it was I making this decision I would Go for a Nikon SB-700 or look around for a second hand SB-600 which I've seen go on ebey for a couple of hundred...The SB700 can command a couple of SB-600s for portrait photography..

I also thought about SB700 but it's way over my budget some around 16k indian currency. My budget is around 200$. I am getting into the field of professional photography and hence I am not that rich :D

Is there any disadvantage for Nissin Di 622i ? Is it not recommendable ?

You dont want the 560 thats not an iTTL gun

I have both the yn 465 and 565 both iTTL and use them for weddings...about 50 a year ..the 465 is perfect ...goes into standby after 45 sec and only has 1 knob. I have used the Nikon ones ( got stolen) but at 1/4 the price you can drop the YN and not cry ...exposure always perfect

The YN 565 has all the features of a SB 900....

The SB 400 is also a brilliant flash for wedding work...KISS

Last edited:

pedroj

I have the SB600 and never had problems with it...I know people that have the SB700 and read a lot about it that is why I suggest them...I don't know anything about the Nissin so I wouldn't recommend it...It could well be a good unit..

sourab89

Thanks a lot for your reviews !

Yongnuo sounds good too but I cannot order it at my place :( Nikon flashes's budget are stopping my buying it.

I guess for a start, I will go for Nissin which is having good reviews. With time as I will grow rich, I will definitely shift to the most reliable Nikon SB 700.

Thanks a lot again :)

you would be better with the YN 565 its £100 in uk and you can get an remote battery pack for £29. Its an exact copy of the Canon 560 ....I think YN make them for cannon....
The nissin has a plastic shoe which will break off when it gets hit ....that is if you are stupid enough to mount it on the top of the camera