Finally Purchased my D7000 Today!!!

Dooku77

After weeks of trying to decide what camera I wanted to purchase, I finally pulled the trigger on this fine camera body. It offers everything I wanted. I was hesitant at first because of the "focusing issues" but I can go in camera to try and rectify this.

Dooku77

Congratulations! Many have not experienced focus issues, hopefully you have nothing to rectify!

Thank you. I'm so excited to get it. I didn't opt for the kit lens. I opted for the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8-4.5 os lens. I figured it's a decent walk around lens for quick shots and some video. I sold all my Canon gear 2 months ago and have been camera less :(. I went to Disney 2 weeks ago and more people than ever had DSLR cameras.

amonamarth

Congratulations! I have a D7K also; no focus issues that cannot be traced to the photographer :)

Alex.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Dooku77

Congratulations! I have a D7K also; no focus issues that cannot be traced to the photographer :)

Alex.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I think a majority of the issues I've read about are from professionals who depend on their camera for income. I'm so anxious. I was my camera now lol

bluenoser

Banned
Hi there. Congrats on the purchase of your new toy!

I bought my D7000 when it first came out (Oct. 2010) and have never had a single issue with it that didn't involve the guy looking back in the mirror! :)

No doubt the D7000 doesn't suffer fools gladly (it will especially punish you for poor hand holding technique combined with insufficient shutter speeds) but stick with it and have fun!

Dooku77

Hi there. Congrats on the purchase of your new toy!

I bought my D7000 when it first came out (Oct. 2010) and have never had a single issue with it that didn't involve the guy looking back in the mirror! :)

No doubt the D7000 doesn't suffer fools gladly (it will especially punish you for poor hand holding technique combined with insufficient shutter speeds) but stick with it and have fun!

Thank you. As soon as I receive it I already have a birthday party lined up to experiment at.

Phillydog1958

Thank you. I'm so excited to get it. I didn't opt for the kit lens. I opted for the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8-4.5 os lens. I figured it's a decent walk around lens for quick shots and some video. I sold all my Canon gear 2 months ago and have been camera less :(. I went to Disney 2 weeks ago and more people than ever had DSLR cameras.

Welcome aboard. Perhaps, more people are actually buying DSLR's. I sort of thought the same thing when I went to the local zoo last summer. It appeared to me that many people did have more DSLR's. There are some great prices out there. They are more affordable.

Dooku77

Welcome aboard. Perhaps, more people are actually buying DSLR's. I sort of thought the same thing when I went to the local zoo last summer. It appeared to me that many people did have more DSLR's. There are some great prices out there. They are more affordable.

This year more than any (I'm a Disney addict) I noticed that there were a lot of people using entry level kits canon, Nikon etc.. I was very happy but sad because I had a crappy point and shoot. I'm really happy that the big companies embrace the beginner with some great options and also offer mid level "Segway" cameras. I'm proud to finally be a Nikonite!!!