old Nikon F2

Curt

Anyone out there still own an old Nikon F2? I have had two for years just; don't have the heart to get ride of them...lol.
DSC_2132.jpg

Attachments

• NIKON D500_ACT_0075.jpg
    NIKON D500_ACT_0075.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,223
Last edited by a moderator:

Curt

Sorry about the spelling error, I was in a rush….lol.

Attachments

• D500_ACT_0120-Edit.jpg
    D500_ACT_0120-Edit.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,949

blueiron

A great Nikon! As easy as digital is, still nothing comes close to the color and presence of an image on film. Do you still use it?

I am still looking for the right F2AS and one day soon, I will find it.

Curt

No, not too often. I also have a Nikormat FT2 that I bought in Japan with a 50mm f-1.4 nikkor lens & a 135mm f-3.5 nikkor lens. My starter camera (back in the day)...lol. Now I use three Digital cameras; my Nikon D80, Canon G10, & Canon SD900(Pocket camera) for when I don't want to carry around a big camera.may 28th. 2010.jpg

Em11y

I don't have an F2, but I do have an F90 that I still use on a regular basis, the film I use is Ilford XP2 400 C41 Black & white, Ilford HP5 Black & White

:)

Curt

No I have not used it in years. I have a Nikon F2 as well, but I am totally digital now :).

jengajoh

I got an FG20 for Christmas, I was glad that the light meter works, I have a Vivitar 220s, and the light meter doesn't work and the last time I used it it jammed. Haven't gotten the pics from the FG20 developed yet, but as soon as I fill up that roll I will. I need to be more picky with what I shoot on film.

Curt

Yes, that is the beauty of digital you can shoot all you want and see the results immediately. I have a couple of old Film cameras, a Nikon F2 and a Nikomat FT2.
I never use them any more, but in their time were top of the line SLRs.
Here are a couple pics of my old SLRs.CSC_2967.JPG
DSC_0001_01.JPG

Eye-level

Banned
Curt...do you have any shots made by your D7000 using the 135/3.5 Sonnar formula Nikkor?

I've ran three rolls of film through the F2 the past couple of weeks...have the DP1 on it currently...

Eye-level

Banned
Old Nikon F2 threads are somewhat rare on the internet considering that they made some 800K F2's while it was in production backed up by some 55 or so lenses and a plethora of accessories not to mention being one of the very best cameras ever made in the history of making cameras.

Bob Blaylock

I lusted after the F2 series, when I was a teenager. I finally bought this one in September of 1986, in very-used condition. I think I paid $325 for the body, and $90 for the 50mm lens. At about the same time, I also bought a 28mm lens, and an 85-205mm Vivitar zoom lens to go with it—all very-used.

I don't know if I'll ever take pictures with it again. It is still in fully-operable condition, but digital has advanced so far that it seems difficult to justify the expense, delay, and hassle, any more, of dealing with stone-aged film and processing. It is difficult, however, to imagine the circumstances under which I could be convinced to willingly allow this camera to leave my possession.

CSC_2554.jpg

Sandpatch

I'm smiling broadly as I read everyone's posts here. Nice to read of the memories. I had a Nikkormat FTn when I was young and shot many thousands of pictures with it. It was perfectly reliable throughout and never let me down. My brother and I had a darkroom in the basement and by buying Plus-X and Tri-X in bulk and buying photo paper on the cheap, I could crank out 3x5 prints at a nickel each. My FTn is gone, but I still have some of my prints .... and my brother is still around too. :)

Last edited: