Catalog your photos

AC016

Since i used a computer and software to catalog my photos, i guess this is the right place. Okay, so i am a little crazy about airplanes. I have 1005 photographs of airplanes... and there are probably some more lurking around on my external hard drive. In addition to this, i have hundreds of 4x6 photos that i scanned. It took me all afternoon and part of the evening to catalog the 1005 photos - put them in seperate foolders, each folder being a different airline. Thank god that is done! Now, back to the 4x6 photos. I scanned them into my computer, but the result is not that great. The result is i have this picture surrounded by a bunch of white border. Anyone have suggestions on how to scan 4x6 photos a bit better? Thanks :confused:

Patrick M

If have an HP color laser jet and the scanning software automatically trims the photo - so option 1 would be to rescan and trim in edit mode before completing the scan. Very long winded and tedious and I'd imagine several days work.
Alternatively, a simple program like windows Paint (also free for a Mac) could be used to manually trim each photo.

If all your scanned photos have exactly the same size white 'frame' you could probably automate this trim feature... For example using VB script you can iterate rough each photo and trim in Paint. The run would be pretty quick ... I'd guess in minutes ...

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD